Attempt #5: Nails

Nail Background:  

The last time I painted someone's nails was in 7th grade, and let me just say, it was not a look. I ended up painting half of her finger and my polka dots came together into giant blobs of color. My friend wiped it off with nail polish remover right away. Since then I haven't painted anyone's nails, not even my own. 

My Prediction:

I honestly don't think I can do much worse so my prediction is that I'll improve but they'll still look pretty bad. I think my left hand won't look too bad but my right hand is going to look terrible since I'll have to paint it with my left.

The Process: 

    
My left hand which I painted with my right hand
My right hand which I painted with my left hand
I started off by choosing a color. I chose white because it's spring and white is a nice bright color that matches pretty much anything. I started off with my left hand and I figured I couldn't mess it up that bad. I mean, all I have to die is paint a tiny space with one color up and down. That didn't seem too hard. Wrong. I kept accidentally painting the skin around my nail and my strokes were so bad that the paint ended up looking clumpy on my finger. Although my left hand was pretty bad, it was nothing compared to how my right turned out. Painting my right hand was impossible. I could barely hold my hand steady and it was so hard to paint straight down my nail. I get nail polish all around my finger and the polish was super clumpy and looked terrible on.


The Turn Out:

Both hands ended up looking very sloppy and clumpy. There was paint all around my nails and even after I painted them I kept running into stuff so they ended up having a bunch of dents and smudges on them. As soon as my mom saw them she reached for the nail polish remover and told me to try to fix them.

What I Learned: 

I actually did enjoy painting my nails but I definitely don't think I'll do it often. I still need lots of practice but hopefully one day I'll be able to paint my nails without a bottle of nail polish remover next to me at all times.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attempt #2: Drawing

Attempt #3: Gymnastics

Attempt #1: Cooking